.

Sunday 5 April 2009

G20 and all that

Hello everyone.

So we got though the G20. Did it achieve anything, is there a new world order or was it just a bit of a jolly for the politicians? I told you President Obama was in Harpenden - well in a way he was. If you missed the show then it's too late for me explain now. I also told you why a cuppa will soon cost more. I see Madonna didn't get a second child adopted, from Malawi. The judge said 'no' and I can't say I am sorry. Messrs Ross & Brand are back in the news again - I may comment on Tuesday.

Last Thursday I played a lot of Marvin Gaye as he would have turned 70 and he was shot dead by his own father a quarter of a century ago. I featured some wonderful tracks though managed to avoid the inevitable "Heard It Through The Grapevine" in favour the rather less obvious, including a reggae cover version of 'Let's Get It On'. I also played you everything from Led Zeppelin to Bob Dylan, Toto to John Mayall and his Bluebreakers...not to mention Sugarland, Pet Shop Boys, the Clash, Barry Manilow, Lunik, Beatles, Troggs, Duffy, Supertramp, Sinatra, Jamiroquai, Ian Dury & the Blockheads and many other fine songs.

For more thrills and spills tune in again soon between 4 and 7pm. Mind you, I'm only with you Tuesday this week (Danny is on the other days) so let's make it a good'un!

John B-S

No comments:

Post a Comment